These Ranch Oyster Crackers are the perfect easy party snack or quick appetizer to enjoy all year long!
Have you ever had oyster crackers? Similar in taste to saltine crackers, oyster crackers are a tiny, round cracker commonly served with oyster stew or clam chowder – hence the name oyster crackers. They’re a delicious little cracker snack, especially these ranch seasoned oyster crackers!
A popular retro party snack, these ranch oyster crackers have been a staple favorite for years, especially if you want an alternative to Chex Mix. They’re a great snack that’s crunchy, savory and perfectly seasoned with herbs and spices!
I recommend doubling the recipe, a bowl of these little crackers will disappear fast!
How to Make Ranch Oyster Crackers
Making these delicious crackers is almost TOO simple! Truly, once you make them, you’ll find yourself making batch after batch for any and all occasions! Or make a double batch for a big party or game day!
- COMBINE: Mix together oil, ranch dressing mix (I use the Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix), dill weed, garlic powder and onion powder. You can also add in lemon pepper seasoning if you like!
- Toss the oyster crackers in the seasoning and oil, toss to coat.
- Spread seasoned oyster crackers on a large baking sheet and bake at 250°F for 15 to 20 minutes, tossing halfway.
I’ve also made this recipe with melted butter instead of oil but I found the butter clumped a bit too much, making it hard for the seasoning to distribute evenly among the oyster crackers, so using oil is my preference here!
If you have trouble finding the Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix in the individual 1 oz bags or want to make your own dry ranch dressing mix, just use 2 to 3 tablespoons of any ranch seasoning mix. That will give the perfect amount of ranch flavoring, but feel free to add more too!
I love adding these ranch oyster crackers to cheese boards or charcuterie boards, a small bowl adds the perfect crunchy addition. They’re the perfect little snacks for picnics, trips to the pool/lake/beach, road trip snacks, and any holiday season party spread! Crunchy, savory perfection! I also love to serve them with tomato soup or alongside any soup variety!
How to store leftovers:
If you HAVE leftovers of these oyster crackers (truly, these go fast), then store them in an airtight container or sealed plastic bag at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Ranch oyster crackers are a delicious alternative to Chex Mix, popcorn or potato chips! I hope you’ll give this easy recipe a try and let me know what you think!
Tips for Making Seasoned Oyster Crackers
SPICE IT UP: You can season oyster crackers to your heart’s content with this ranch recipe or even different toppings like parmesan cheese, taco seasoning or fajita seasoning, red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper (for spicy ranch oyster crackers) or even cinnamon and sugar for sweet oyster crackers.
More Simple Snacks & Appetizers:
- 3-Ingredient Onion Dip
- Blue Cheese-Stuffed Olives
- Air Fryer Wonton Chips
- Old Bay Goldfish Crackers Recipe
Ranch Oyster Crackers
- 1 package ranch dressing mix (1 oz package or 2 tablespoons dry ranch seasoning mix)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder or lemon pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- 14 ounce box oyster crackers about 7 cups
- Preheat oven to 250°F/120°C.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together ranch seasoning, dill-weed, garlic powder, onion powder (or lemon powder) and oil.
- Add oyster crackers to mixing bowl and toss to coat.
- Spread the oyster crackers evenly on foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes of baking.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Store ranch oyster crackers in an airtight container for up to one week.