Old Bay Goldfish Crackers Recipe
A savory snack for any occasion, Old Bay Goldfish Crackers are simple to make (only 4 ingredients) and *loaded* with zesty Old Bay and cheddar flavor! They’re the perfect cheesy snack for road trips, barbecues, movie nights and more!
Last summer, Old Bay and Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Crackers collaborated to make Old Bay Goldfish Crackers, a limited edition flavored goldfish that sold out as fast as they were put on the shelves!
While you might not be able to find the original Old Bay Goldfish, fear not, this copycat recipe tastes just the same! It’s so simple to make, you can whip it up in minutes and using old 4 ingredients!
Old Bay Goldfish are the perfect snack for the lake, pool, boat rides, backyard parties, game nights and more! They’re savory, crunchy and full of Old Bay and cheddar flavor!
Old Bay seasoning has a very distinct flavor, it’s kind of like a cajun seasoning with lots of paprika, mustard and celery salt. It pairs perfectly with extra garlic flavoring and the cheddar in goldfish.
SIDE NOTE: A similar twist is to make Old Bay Oyster Crackers using the same recipe (at the end of the blog post) but using oyster crackers instead of goldfish. Oyster crackers are the tiny little crackers often used as soup toppers.
While you’re at it, try my Ranch Oyster Crackers! SO delish!
Just 4 ingredients
Old Bay Goldfish Ingredients
GOLDFISH CRACKERS: I suggest the original goldfish crackers, the plain cheese ones. You’ll find them in a blue bag with the word “original” on the front.
OLD BAY SEASONING: Old Bay does make a few varieties of their famous seasoning including a hot variety so if you love snacks a little on the spicy side, go for the hot! I stuck with the original since I have little kids.
MELTED BUTTER: I used salted butter, but use unsalted if it’s what you have.
GARLIC POWDER: I love the boost of garlic on these goldfish, but you can omit this if you want to. OR substitute in a little Accent seasoning (MSG) if you prefer.
How to Make Old Bay Goldfish
Don’t worry, these are SO easy! Once you’ve made them the first time, you’ll practically have it memorized. I love to whip these up for movie nights, easy grab-and-go snacks, or a simple appetizer.
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees F. Pour the bag of goldfish crackers into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together Old Bay seasoning and garlic powder into your melted butter until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the melted butter mixture over the goldfish in the mixing bowl and use two large spoons to stir and coat the seasoning onto the goldfish evenly. I find this method works better than pouring the butter over the goldfish when they’re already on the baking pan. It’s easier to stir and toss them in a bowl.
- Pour out the seasoned goldfish crackers onto a baking sheet. I like to line my baking sheets with parchment paper for easy clean-up!
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until goldfish crackers are dry. Don’t worry, the goldfish crackers won’t “bake” or burn, the goal is just to dry out the butter on the crackers!
There you have it! They’re ready to eat! For some other fun ways to enjoy these goldfish crackers, read on…
Ways to Serve Old Bay Goldfish
- On their own as a tasty snack!
- As a soup-topper (try on top of chili too!)
- Add to Chex Mix
- On top of salads!
- Add crunch to wraps or sandwiches.
- As a crunchy topper to casseroles.
Absolutely! You can use any variety of Goldfish cracker you like. I find that the original variety is the closest, taste-wise, to the original collab between Old Bay and Goldfish but play around until you find your favorite mix!
It does not appear they’re still available for purchase, it was a summer 2022 limited edition flavor. Not to worry, you can make this recipe anytime!
Here are a few of my favorite variations of Old Bay Goldfish!
– Spicy Old Bay Goldfish: Use spicy Old Bay seasoning
– Bold & Cheesy Old Bay Goldfish: Use extra cheddar goldfish crackers!
– Blackened Old Bay Goldfish: Use blackened Old Bay seasoning
– Old Bay Pretzel Goldfish: Swap the original goldfish for the pretzel variety.
Store these tasty seasoned goldfish crackers in an airtight container for up to 1 week, if they last that long! 🙂
I hope you give these easy Old Bay Goldfish Crackers a try! You’ll find yourself craving them over and over, trust me! Check out a few more tasty snacks and appetizer recipes below…
Old Bay Goldfish Crackers
- 1 (6.6 oz bag) Original Goldfish Crackers
- 5 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp Old Bay
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 250° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pour goldfish crackers into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together Old Bay, garlic powder and melted butter until combined.
- Pour melted butter mixture over the goldfish and toss to coat evenly over the goldfish.
- Spread out seasoned goldfish crackers in an even layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-35 minutes or until goldfish are dry.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
BestAppetizers.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that we receive a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.