These little bite-sized Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups are the perfect appetizer for game days, parties and anytime! Loaded with flavor from buffalo sauce, chicken and cheese and all baked in the perfect crispy wonton cup!
As you know, I simply love sharing party-ready appetizers with you, and this one is going to be a new favorite! Crowd-pleasing buffalo chicken flavor all baked inside a crispy shell made from wonton wrappers. Delightfully delicious, let me share a few details and tips…
Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cup Ingredient Tips
WONTON WRAPPERS – Look for these in the refrigerated section of your grocery’s produce area. Look near egg roll wrappers and tofu! We’ll use these to make the crispy wonton cups, I’ll show you how down below.
COOKED CHICKEN – Any type of cooked chicken works just fine. Sometimes I use leftover rotisserie chicken, baked or roasted chicken, or even canned chicken will do. Just shred it or cut it into small pieces.
BUFFALO SAUCE – Use any buffalo sauce your heart desires, I like Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce.
CREAM CHEESE – Be sure to soften your cream cheese slightly to room temperature to make it easier to mix together the buffalo chicken filling.
CHEDDAR & MOZZARELLA CHEESES – You can shred your own cheddar and mozzarella or buy bags of pre-shredded cheese. Either will be fine.
GARLIC POWDER – This adds an extra boost of garlic flavor, don’t skip this!
RANCH DRESSING – A couple of tablespoons of ranch dressing added to the filling gives it that perfect buffalo chicken flavor!
BLUE CHEESE CRUMBLES – You can leave this garnish out, but I love the taste of blue cheese with buffalo chicken!
GREEN ONION – You can substitute in onion or chives here if you have trouble finding green onion!
How to Make Wonton Cups
Making wonton cups is super easy! All you need to do is …
- Lightly spray a mini-muffin pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Press a wonton wrapper down into each cavity of the mini-muffin pan.
- Lightly spray again with nonstick baking spray. Bake at 350 degrees F for 7-8 minutes or until lightly golden (remember, they will bake again with the filling).
You can see above how I pressed the wonton wrappers down into the miniature muffin pan.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups
After you bake them to a light golden color, fill them with the buffalo chicken filling! I like to add the blue cheese crumbles and green onion on top for garnish, but you can also stir those into the filling itself if you like.
After they’re baked again for 12-14 minutes, garnish with blue cheese crumbles, green onion and if you love extra spice, a dash of buffalo sauce or hot sauce!
Serve these buffalo chicken wonton cups with extra buffalo sauce, your favorite wing sauce or ranch dressing! Add them to a platter and serve at your next party.
These buffalo chicken wonton cups are an easy appetizer for game day, parties or any occasion! You can even make the wonton cups ahead of time and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Then fill, bake and serve!
I’ve even reheated extra buffalo chicken wonton cups in the air fryer for a few minutes the next day – and they were delicious!
Wonton cup appetizers are some of my FAVORITES so stay on the lookout for even more coming soon.
More Easy Appetizers You’ll Love!
Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce (like Frank's Red Sauce)
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp ranch dressing
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake wonton wrappers (empty) for 7-8 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and set pan aside.
- Prepare buffalo chicken filling by mixing together shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, cream cheese, ranch dressing, garlic powder, shredded cheddar cheese, and shredded mozzarella cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Use a small scoop or tablespoon to fill each wonton cup with the buffalo chicken filling.
- Bake again (at 350°F) for 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with blue cheese crumbles and sliced green onion.