Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives
Stuffed olives are the perfect savory snack to add to any charcuterie or cheese platter! Make a batch of these tasty Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives and watch them disappear at your next cocktail party or gathering.
These stuffed olives are one of my favorite blue cheese recipes. They’re simple to make, you can prep them in advance of your party and pull them out of the fridge when your guests arrive, and the blue cheese and green olive combination is salty perfection!
What’s inside a stuffed olive? When you buy stuffed olives from the store, they’re typically stuffed with pimiento peppers, you probably recognize that red color found in green olives.
But guess what? You can carefully remove those pimiento peppers (using a toothpick) and stuff olives with whatever you want like combinations of cheeses, herbs, spices, garlic, even bacon!
I personally LOVE these blue cheese stuffed olives. Pop extra in a dry martini for the perfect olive garnish! Or serve them up in a bowl as a delicious toothpick appetizer alongside mixed nuts!
P.S. Another olive favorite are these Olive Puffs (I think they’re delicious year-round, but especially at Halloween).
Now you can buy your own blue cheese stuffed olives from most markets, but trust me when I tell you that this homemade version tastes so much better! They’re ready in about 10 minutes making them one of the easiest appetizers on the site. If you love olives and blue cheese, you will LOVE these!
How to Make Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives
- Remove pimiento peppers from large green olives (like Spanish Queen olives).
- Fill a piping bag (or simple plastic bag) with blue cheese filling.
- Pipe each olive carefully with the blue cheese filling.
- Garnish with cracked black pepper and diced parsley.
- Serve with toothpicks!
Recipe Substitutions & Variations
- Want to change it up? Swap out blue cheese for a creamy goat cheese or opt for a milder blue cheese and go with gorgonzola cheese.
- Add a crunch and stuff in a roasted almond into the blue cheese filling.
- Make fried blue cheese stuffed olives and serve with your favorite dipping sauce (might I suggest this sriracha dipping sauce).
Want more olive appetizers? Try my Olive Dip and Olive Cheese Ball!
What to Serve with Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives
A dry martini! Ha, ok so you’re having a party and including these stuffed olives on the menu? Here are a few other party appetizers that would pair nicely with these blue cheese olives.
- Cream Cheese & Pepper Jelly Phyllo Cups – bite sized perfection!
- Chilled Marinated Shrimp – my Aunt’s recipe, a family fave!
- Puff Pastry Parmesan Twists – easy & so pretty on a cheese tray!
- Ranch Oyster Crackers – SO simple to make!
- BLT Deviled Eggs – another low carb appetizer I love!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @bestappetizers on Facebook and Instagram!
Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives
- 4 ounces blue cheese such as Roquefort
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 30 large green olives pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley diced
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together blue cheese and softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Transfer blue cheese filling to a piping bag or a sturdy plastic bag with a round piping tip (or cut the end off with kitchen scissors).
- Carefully pipe the blue cheese mixture into each pitted green olive.
- Sprinkle blue cheese stuffed olives with cracked black pepper and diced parsley (optional for garnish). Serve with toothpicks.
- Store leftover stuffed olives in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
BestAppetizers.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that we receive a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.