Are you looking for a delectable yet easy-to-make appetizer that will impress your guests? Look no further than these delightful Cucumber Cream Cheese Bites! Combining the crispness of cucumbers with the creaminess of cream cheese, these little treats are a burst of flavors that will leave everyone craving for more.
Perfect for parties, gatherings, or even as a snack for yourself, these cucumber bites are sure to be a hit!
How to Prepare Cucumber Cream Cheese Bites
Don’t forget, you’ll find a full (printable) recipe in the recipe card at the end of the post! Here are a few additional tips for making this recipe…
PREP CUCUMBER ROUNDS:
- Wash your cucumbers (use any variety, I like English cucumbers) and slice into 1/2″ thick rounds. NOTE – If you want the fun stripes down the sides of the cucumbers, use a vegetable peeler around the cucumber before slicing. This is totally optional!
- This part is optional, but I like to pat each round dry with a paper towel and use a small melon scooper to carefully scoop out the center. Make sure to leave some cucumber at the bottom to form a base for the cream cheese filling. The hollowed center will serve as a little cup to hold the cheese mixture.
- Set aside (I usually line them on a baking sheet or tray while I’m prepping the cream cheese).
MAKE DILL CREAM CHEESE
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, powdered ranch seasoning, fresh lemon juice, garlic powder, and minced dill. Mix all the ingredients until well combined and creamy.
- You can use an electric mixer or hand whisk or just a good old spoon. All will work!
ASSEMBLE THE CUCUMBER BITES
- Fill the cream cheese mixture into a plastic piping bag fit with a fluted tip. You can also just use a plastic ziplock bag too and snip the corner with scissors.
- Pipe on a swirl of the cream cheese.
GARNISH WITH TOPPINGS
Time to get creative! Top each cucumber cream cheese bite with a variety of garnishes. I added a sliced cherry tomato and a sprinkle of fresh dill.
You could also add bacon crumbles, a thinly sliced jalapeno or a sliver of smoked salmon! The possibilities are truly endless here so get creative! Everything bagel seasoning would also make a delicious garnish sprinkled over the cream cheese.
You can prep these cucumber cream cheese bites in advance. Just loosely cover your tray with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until it’s party time!
OH, and if you have leftover cucumbers and want another tasty cucumber appetizer, you must try my Cucumber Cream Cheese Dip!
More Bite-Sized Appetizers
- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- Stuffed Figs with Goat Cheese and Prosciutto
- BLT Deviled Eggs
- Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups
- Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives
Whether you’re hosting a party, attending a potluck, or simply treating yourself, these cucumber bites with cream cheese are the perfect choice for any occasion. So, get ready to receive compliments and requests for the recipe – it’s one of my very favorites!
Cucumber Cream Cheese Bites
- 2 cucumbers sliced 1/2" thick
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 T mayonnaise
- 2 T sour cream
- 3 tsp powdered ranch seasoning and dressing mix such as Hidden Valley (in the packet)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 T fresh dill minced
Garnishes & Toppings
- cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- bacon crumbles
- fresh dill
- smoked salmon
- Wash cucumbers well and slice into 1/2" thick rounds. Lay rounds out and pat dry with a paper towel. Use a melon scooper to carefully hollow out the center, leaving enough of the bottom to hold in the cream cheese.
- In a mixer or by hand, stir together softened cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, ranch seasoning mix, lemon juice, garlic powder and minced dill. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir well and fill in a plastic piping bag fit with a fluted tip.
- Pipe each cucumber round with the herbed cream cheese mixture.
- Add on toppings like sliced cherry tomato halves, extra chopped dill, bacon, smoked salmon, everything bagel seasoning, etc.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.