Halloween is just around the corner, and it’s time to take your party snacks to the next level with a spooktacular Halloween charcuterie board! Read on, we’ll show you how to create a boo-tiful and delicious spread that will leave your guests howling for more!
While this is indeed a Halloween-themed snack board, don’t worry, we won’t be conjuring up any nightmares here; instead, we’re serving a delightful mix of treats that are more on the cute side than the creepy. Kids and adults love these themed boards, they’re always a hit at my parties!
Get ready to assemble a bewitching assortment of pumpkin oranges, ghostly strawberries, candy corn, ghost veggie chips, and lots decorative spiders that will make your Halloween celebration a real scream!
How to Make a Halloween Charcuterie Board
Select Your Board
First things first, selecting your BOARD! Now, if you want to get extra-festive, grab a Halloween or fall-shaped board like this pumpkin one from etu home! You can also use any of your favorite large wood boards or platters.
Gather Your Ingredients
A visit to a grocery store or two is really all you need to pull together some tasty treats for a spooky Halloween Charcuterie Board. I love swinging by Trader Joe’s, Harris Teeter and/or Publix for a few other items.
Assemble the Treats & Arrange Board
I love a semi-homemade type of charcuterie board. Mostly store-bought items artfully arranged on my board, but with a few semi-homemade touches like the white-chocolate dipped strawberries! Learn how to make those down below.
When arranging your Halloween charcuterie board, try to group sweet and savor near each other (no one wants olive juice on their strawberry) and tuck in things like nuts or candy corn as filled in between. Use small bowls to help hold dips, spreads or messy ingredients. Don’t forget to add a spreader and cheese knife!
Add Halloween Touches
Add on candy eyeballs and plastic spiders from the craft store to your board to give it that spooky vibe! I also like to dress it up a bit with a few decorative flowers just for color (orange/yellow/purple are fun at Halloween).
You could even add in skeleton hands on to the sides of your board!
White Chocolate Strawberry Ghosts
- Fresh strawberries
- White chocolate chips or candy melts
- Mini chocolate chips
- Wax paper
Melt the white chocolate according to the package instructions. Dip each strawberry into the melted white chocolate. Place two mini chocolate chips for the eyes. Add another for the mouth. Allow them to cool and harden on wax paper. These sweet and spooky strawberries are sure to vanish from your board in no time!
Mandarin Orange Pumpkins
- Mandarin Oranges (or “cuties” as they’re often referred)
- A sharp knife
- A small piece of celery for the pumpkin stem
You can choose to peel your oranges or leave unpeeled. Either way, cut a tiny x into the top of the orange. Cut a tiny piece of celery and push it into the little opening. These pumpkin mandarin oranges are a refreshing and healthy addition to your charcuterie board.
More Foods for your Halloween Charcuterie Board
- Candy Corn and Candy Pumpkins – A classic Halloween candy, no assembly required! Simply scatter them around! They’re great for filling in empty spots.
- Ghost Veggie Chips (look for these at Target!)
- Alphabet Graham Crackers (found at Trader Joe’s) spell out words like “BOO” or “SPOOKY”
- Nuts (almonds, pistachios, and walnuts are all great options)
- Cured Meats
- Popcorn (I love the cheesy caramel mix)
- Fresh Fruit (apple slices, blackberries, raspberries, black grapes, etc)
- Yogurt Covered Pretzels
- White Chocolate Mummy Pretzel Sticks (found at Target)
- Gummy Worms
- Halloween Cookies (look for pumpkin shapes or fall leaves)
- Caramel Apples (or sliced apples and caramel dip)
This is such an easy Halloween charcuterie board, it comes together in minutes and is PERFECT for a Hocus Pocus Movie Night or Halloween Party! It’s a great way to serve up a Halloween appetizer or snack and makes a fun centerpiece!
Want more Halloween Party Appetizers? I got you!
Halloween Charcuterie Board
- large wooden board
- 10 ounces cured meats (salami, prosciutto, etc)
- 6 ounces cheese (cheddar cheese, goat cheese, blue cheese, etc)
- 6 ounces nuts (pistachios, almonds, walnuts)
- pumpkin butter
- fig jam
- 3 ounces green olives (or black olives)
- 2 apples (sliced)
- 4 ounces blackberries
- 4 ounces grapes
- 2 cups candy corn
- fall cookies
- 6 mandarin oranges
- 1 stalk celery
- 8 strawberries
- white chocolate (for melting)
- mini chocolate chips
- yogurt covered pretzels
- candy eyeballs
- Arrange foods on large board or serving platter. First, place larger items, cheeses, dip bowls, etc. Fill In with smaller Items. Garnish with flowers, plastic spiders, spooky Halloween candy eyeballs, etc.