Spice up your summer gatherings with this delightful Zucchini Salsa! Refreshing, effortless to whip up, and bursting with fresh flavors, it’s the ultimate crowd-pleaser that requires no cooking whatsoever. Easy peasy…
I LOVE a good twist on a classic! This zucchini salsa is loaded with veggies, you will love it! And yes, you CAN eat raw zucchini. I even converted my husband over with this easy salsa recipe. You just can’t stop at one scoop! So if you have found yourself with lots of leftover zucchini, this is the recipe to make…
The key to this salsa is dicing up the zucchini and other veggies very fine. I love this chopper here! It makes life VERY easy. Once you chop up the zucchini into small pieces, even your non-veggie lovers will like this! The zucchini mixes so well with the tomato and corn. It’s perfect!
How to Make Zucchini Salsa
- Prep the Veggies: In a large mixing bowl, combine the diced zucchini, black beans, cherry tomatoes, corn, and diced red onion. Toss gently to mix.
- Make the Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, salt, garlic powder, and red wine vinegar until well combined.
- Dress It Up: Pour the dressing over the veggie mixture and toss until everything is evenly coated!
- Chill Out: Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together. You can also enjoy it right away, no worries if you’re ready to enjoy!
- Serve and Enjoy: Once chilled, give your zucchini salsa a final toss and serve it up with your favorite tortilla chips, as a topping for grilled chicken or fish, or simply enjoy it by the spoonful straight from the bowl!
Recipe Tips & Swaps
- Veggie Swap: Feel free to customize this salsa with your favorite veggies! Bell peppers, cucumbers, or even avocado would make tasty additions.
- Bean Swap: Not a fan of black beans? Try swapping them out for kidney beans, chickpeas, or even edamame for a protein-packed twist.
- Tomato Swap: No cherry tomatoes? You could use roma tomatoes or any type, just chop them up!
- Spicy Zucchini Salsa: Add a kick of heat with some diced jalapeño peppers, dash of hot sauce or a sprinkle of red pepper flakes!
- Citrus Substitution: Don’t have lime juice on hand? Lemon juice will work just fine!
- Corn Types: Fresh corn, frozen corn or canned corn will work just fine in this salsa!
If you want a more pureed salsa, feel free to add everything in to a food processor blender and pulse until your desired consistency. I love the chunky texture of the fresh, diced veggies, but puree it if you like a thinner texture! You can even make canned zucchini salsa with this recipe!
- Serve as a classic salsa with tortilla chips!
- Use as a topping on tacos.
- Spoon zucchini salsa over grilled chicken or fish.
- Spread inside quesadillas with cheese and your protein of choice.
- Serve on top of a salad.
- Add a scoop to burrito bowls.
- Make stuffed avocados by filling with zucchini salsa.
- Use as a topping on toasted baguette slices.
- Layer on top of nachos with melted cheese.
- Use as a quick, simple side dish.
Making in Advance
Need to whip up a batch of zucchini salsa in advance? No problemo! Simply prepare the veggie mixture and dressing separately, then combine them just before serving. This salsa also keeps well in the fridge for up to 3 days, making it a perfect make-ahead option for parties or meal prep.
Whether you’re serving it up at a summer barbecue, packing it for a picnic, or simply making for a quick snack, this zucchini salsa is sure to become a new staple! So if you’ve found yourself with extra zucchini, this is a delicious way to use them up!
More Tasty Appetizers We Love:
- Mango Peach Salsa
- Cucumber Bites with Cream Cheese
- Best Cold Crab Dip
- Stuffed Endive with Goat Cheese and Walnuts
- 2 medium zucchinis (diced)
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the diced zucchini, black beans, tomatoes, corn, and diced red onion. Toss gently to mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, salt, garlic powder, and red wine vinegar until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the veggie mixture and toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Enjoy right away at room temperature or refrigerate, covered in an airtight container, until ready to serve. Stores well for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.