Cream Cheese and Pepper Jelly Phyllo Cups
If you’re looking for an easy, elegant appetizer for a party or gathering, these Cream Cheese and Pepper Jelly Phyllo Cups are sure to please your crowd! Topped with a toasted pecan, they are out of this world delicious…
I have always loved the classic and always-popular red pepper jelly poured over a cream cheese block appetizer served up with crackers! Albeit delicious, that method of serving this pepper jelly and cream cheese combo is not quite as conducive to mixing and mingling as these bite size phyllo cup version! These are party READY!
What are Phyllo Shells?
Phyllo shells (also known as fillo shells or phyllo cups) are a hostess’ dream come true for easy appetizers. They are light, crispy layers of dough formed into mini pastry cups. They come fully baked and frozen fresh for filling with your favorite savory or sweet toppings.
Phyllo shells can be found in your grocery store’s freezer section, often near the puff pastry, but phyllo dough is not the same as puff pastry. They are often called “Phyllo Shells” so check the box! I like the Athens brand. They come 15 to a box.
Find even more insanely easy, crowd-pleasing phyllo cup appetizers!
Here’s what you’ll need to make these cream cheese pepper jelly phyllo cups! As always, find the full recipe with measurements at the end of the post!
Just a few ingredients
Making Cream Cheese and Pepper Jelly Phyllo Cups
This is one of the easiest phyllo cup appetizer recipes, truly! It’s more of an “assembly” situation than a recipe, per se, but it’s one I know will impress your friends and family at any occasion! I love to serve these at holiday parties!
Phyllo Cup Recipe Tips
- To make it easier to cut your cream cheese into small cubes, place the packaged cream cheese block in the freezer for about 30 minutes prior to cutting it. It won’t be as soft so it’s quick to cut into small pieces.
- Swap out the cream cheese for brie for a different variation of this easy pepper jelly phyllo cup appetizer!
- You can use red pepper jelly or green pepper jelly in this phyllo shell appetizer! Pepper jelly is a bit spicy but not overwhelmingly so. Just warn guests who might be sensitive to spicy foods.
- Perhaps its the Southern in me, but I LOVE adding a toasted pecan half to these cream cheese and pepper jelly phyllo cups, but you can leave the pecan off or even swap it for chopped almonds, walnuts or pistachios!
- Garnishing is my FAVORITE part of serving any appetizer. I love fresh thyme sprigs but you could use chopped basil, rosemary, chives or parsley too. Just sprinkle them right over the finished fillo shells. A little tip for garnishing herbs, this herb mincer/chopper will save your life!
- These phyllo cups are delicious warm or room temperature!
How to Store Phyllo Cups
You can keep your phyllo cups in the freeze until you’re ready to fill them with cream cheese. You can also leave the boxes out on the counter for a few days.
If you have leftover cream cheese pepper jelly phyllo cups, simply store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator and warm them by baking at 350 for 3 minutes.
A delicious Phyllo Cup Appetizer:
Cream cheese with pepper jelly is such a delicious combination and makes the perfect bite size appetizer in crispy, flaky phyllo cups! I hope you’ll give this easy appetizer a try the next time you need a party snack! Check out even more phyllo cup recipes here!
RELATED: What is the difference between appetizers and hors d’oeuvres?
What to Serve with Cream Cheese and Pepper Jelly Phyllo Cups:
So many easy appetizers are great for including in a snack spread along with cream cheese and pepper jelly! Here are a few of my personal favorites…
Cream Cheese and Pepper Jelly Phyllo Cups
- 15 phyllo cups (aka phyllo shells, fillo shells)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup red pepper jelly (or pepper jelly of choice!)
- 15 pecan halves toasted
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp Fresh Herbs (thyme, parsley, etc) chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line up phyllo cups on a baking sheet.
- Cut 1/2 of a block of cream cheese into 15 small cubes. To make this easier, freeze your cream cheese for about half an hour before cutting. Place each little cube of cream cheese into a phyllo cup.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from oven and use the back of a spoon to press down the warm, softened cream cheese.
- Add a small spoonful of pepper jelly to each phyllo cup. Top with a pecan half. Sprinkle with sea salt
- Return to the oven for 3 minutes.
- Optional: Garnish with thyme sprigs or diced parsley!
BestAppetizers.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that we receive a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.