If you want an easy New Year’s Eve appetizer that is ready in minutes, you will love these Tuxedo Cheese Crackers! You only need cheese, crackers and black olives! They’re also an easy cheese appetizer for black tie parties or award show viewing parties!
New Year’s Eve is all about elegant appetizers to enjoy while sipping champagne while watching the ball drop, right? But fancy appetizers don’t have to be difficult!
These black tie cheese crackers are truly SO easy to make, you don’t even need to turn the oven on! They look just like little tuxedos.
Just 3 Ingredients
CRACKERS: Any cracker will do the trick for this easy appetizer. I like water crackers because they’re the perfect round size for Laughing Cow cheese wedges, but any cracker will do.
CHEESE: Any soft or hard cheese cut into a wedge shape will be perfect. You could use brie cheese, hard white cheeses, soft white cheese… or the easy pre-sliced Laughing Cow cheese wedges.
BLACK OLIVES: You’ll need large pitted black olives to cut out the tuxedo bow tie and button shapes. If you really don’t love black olives, you could use whipped cream cheese with a drop or two of black food coloring then pipe on the tuxedo details onto the cheese wedge.
Tips for Making Tuxedo Cheese Crackers
To save time, cut the olive bow ties and buttons in advance and store in an airtight container or plastic bag in the refrigerator until ready to assemble.
Use a sharp knife or kitchen shears to cut out narrow triangles for the bow tie. Make two small triangles and place them pointy-ends together.
Quarter each pitted black olive and press flat. Use a drinking straw or a metal piping tip that’s very small to punch out a black button our of the olive. You’ll need 3 for each cheese cracker.
Use a toothpick (or long cocktail stick) to push out the olive buttons from the straw. The toothpick will also help you position the small olive buttons on the cheese.
Easy New Year’s Eve Cheese Appetizer
This is such an easy appetizer to make! The only time consuming part is making the tuxedo details but just grab a seat, turn on some music, make them all at once, and then you’re ready to assemble!
I love to use Laughing Cow Cheese or a brie wheel cut into wedges for this appetizer. Easy and ready to serve!
More Cheese Appetizers
I hope you’ll give these Tuxedo Cheese Crackers a try the next time you need an easy elegant appetizer for a New Year’s Eve party, Oscars party or fancy get-together!
Tuxedo Cheese Crackers
- 1 drinking straw
- 1 sharp knife or kitchen shears
- 1 wooden skewer or toothpick
- 8 wedges cheese (brie, Laughing Cow, etc)
- 8 crackers
- 1/4 cup black olives pitted
- Place a wedge of cheese onto each cracker.
- Using a sharp knife or kitchen scissors, cut each olive into quarters and press to flatten. Cut out two small triangles for each cracker (16 total) and place (pointy ends together) at the top of the cheese wedge to make a bow tie.
- Using a drinking straw or small metal piping tip, punch out a small round shape out of the black olives. You'll need 3 for each cheese wedge for the tuxedo buttons (24 total). Place the 3 buttons on the cheese, use a skewer or toothpick to pop out the buttons if you need help and to help position them on the cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!