This easy garlic dip is one of the best dips to serve with chips and veggies! Made with simple ingredients like cream cheese, sour cream and LOTS of garlic, you’ll LOVE this garlic dip recipe!
This creamy garlic dip reminds me of a homemade version of one of the Frito-Lay dips you can buy at the grocery store, except SO much better. Once you try it, you will not be able to stop! This chilled dip is perfect for an easy “make ahead” appetizer or just a quick snack!
DID YOU KNOW? The average person eats 2 pounds of garlic a year, on average? There’s your fun fact of the day! 😊
Ok, back to Garlic Dip! Let me show you JUST how easy it is to make…
First things first. What exactly is in this garlic dip? EASY, simple ingredients!
Garlic Dip Ingredients
How to Make the BEST Garlic Dip!
This simple garlic dip couldn’t get much easier. Because it’s served chilled (it’s not baked), you can prepare it in advance and pull it out for last minute guests or anytime you need a delicious dip recipe!
- Add your softened cream cheese (bring it to room temperature for about 30 minutes), sour cream, milk, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic cloves, salt, pepper and green onions to a mixing bowl.
- Mix them all up until combined. You CAN use a food processor, a mixing bowl with whisk or paddle attachment, hand mixer or a good ol’ spoon if your cream cheese is softened well to allow it to all stir together!
- THAT’S IT! Garnish with some fresh chives, a sprinkle of black pepper and serve!
- Keep extra leftover garlic dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve this dip chilled, but it’s also delicious room temperature! And arguably even better the next day after the flavors blend together… yum!
Ingredient Substitutions & Tips
Cream Cheese: You really want to stick with cream cheese here to give this garlic dip some thickness, but you could certainly use full fat, low fat or 1/3 fat cream cheese if you like!
Sour Cream: You can substitute in plain Greek Yogurt if you want to save on calories! I do this often!
Milk: You can use heavy cream. Any milk you have on hand will work, and if you don’t have any, you can leave this out, it helps soften it a bit, but it’s not 100% necessary. Your dip will just be ever so slightly thicker!
Worcestershire Sauce: If you don’t have Worcestershire, you can substitute in soy sauce with a splash of lemon juice.
All about the Garlic
THE GOOD STUFF! Garlic lovers REJOICE!
- You can’t make garlic dip without lots of garlic! Right? It’s the star ingredient in this simple dip recipe.
- Should you use fresh garlic in this garlic dip? I think so! I suggest mincing your own fresh garlic cloves (here’s a great garlic press) but you CAN use store bought minced garlic if you like.
- Feel free to add more or less than 4 garlic cloves, this is totally up to you! You can never have too much garlic, right?
- Random side-note: My mom has a green thumb so I’m going to see if we can grow our own garlic soon! How fun would that be?!
***Want MORE garlic flavor? I love using just fresh garlic cloves personally, but you can add 1 teaspoon of garlic powder to this dip as well! If you use garlic SALT, however, do not add extra salt, taste taste taste to your preferences!
Salt & Pepper: Add more or less to taste. Want a little kick of spice? Add 1/4 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper!
Green Onions: You can substitute in chives, shallots or even white onion as well. I like to reserve some extra green onion or chives to sprinkle on top as a garnish!
What to Serve with Garlic Dip?
Pretty much ANYTHING!! This is one of those simple dips that is super versatile so you’ll love it however you serve it, but here’s how I like to use it….
- Potato Chips
- Pita Chips
- Celery Sticks
- Carrot Sticks
- Cucumber Slices
- Use leftover dip as a spread on wraps, sandwiches, crostini, toast
- Add it to a snack board or charcuterie board for dipping!
Want more Party Dip recipes?! You’ll love these too:
- Smoked Tuna Dip (coastal fave)
- Sriracha Dipping Sauce (spicy lovers fave)
- Fiesta Corn Dip (SO EASY)
- Caprese Dip (a personal fave!)
- BEST Cold Crab Dip (seafood lovers rejoice!)
- Easy Onion Dip (only 3 ingredients)
- Olive Dip with Cream Cheese (another cream cheese based dip that’s DELISH)
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 T milk or heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 green onions finely diced
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir together. You can also use a food processor, electric mixer with paddle or whisk attachment or immersion blender. Just be sure all ingredients are combined!
- Refrigerate until ready to serve (the flavors blend together even more when made the day before serving) and serve with fresh vegetables, potato chips, etc.