If you LOVE fried pickles, you’ve come to the right place! Just like the popular store-bought version of fried pickle dip, this homemade Fried Pickle and Ranch Dip is out of this world delicious. Your party guests will gobble it right up!
There are a couple of popular Fried Pickle Dips available at the grocery store, including the Taste of the South Fried Pickle and Ranch Dip at Sam’s Club. They’re delicious for a reason! Fried pickles are always a popular appetizer choice (especially at BBQ restaurants) and now there’s a new way to enjoy this Southern favorite?! Yes, dippable..dunkable…spreadable… Fried Pickle and Ranch Dip, that you can make AT HOME!
Just like the store bought favorites, this copycat fried pickle dip is creamy, full of flavor and perfect for dipping with your favorite chips!
Recipe Ingredient Tips & Variations
Sour Cream: Use regular, full-fat sour cream or substitute in low fat sour cream. Both will work! Watching calories? You can substitute in plain Greek yogurt instead!
Cream Cheese: Use full-fat cream cheese, low fat cream cheese or even Neufchâtel cheese. Be sure your cream cheese is softened to room temperature so it’s easy to mix your fried pickle and ranch dip up smoothly.
Ranch Dressing Packet: I use the Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Packet. It’s the perfect blend of ranch seasonings all in one little packet. I keep these on hand for use in appetizers, they are so handy!
Dill Pickle Relish: You can grab the store-bought dill pickle relish or just chop your own whole or sliced dill pickles. Both will work! If you want to use Bread & Butter Pickles or other type of pickle variety, you can do that too!
Panko Breadcrumbs: I prefer panko crumbs over traditional breadcrumbs but either will work. You can buy the pre-seasoned variety or season your own with salt and pepper.
Chives: I always love to add some sort of fresh herb to my dips. I love the way freshly diced chives taste in this fried pickle dip so I used those but you can swap dill in for an extra boost of that dill flavor!
Pickle Juice: You can use the juice right from the jar! The pickle juice infuses the dip with that salty, pickle flavor we all love!
Minced Garlic: You can use garlic powder instead (stick to 1/4 teaspoon and add to taste) but I find minced garlic to add the perfect depth of flavor in this dip.
What to Serve with Fried Pickle and Ranch Dip
- Potato Chips
- Pita Chips
- Bagel Chips
- Toasted Baguette Slices/Crostini
- Sliced Veggies (celery, carrots, cucumber)
You can ALSO use this dip as a spread! Spread fried pickle dip on wraps, sandwiches or serve it up in an avocado half, bread bowl, phyllo cups, wonton cups, or even as a marinade for chicken or fish!
Panko Topping for Fried Pickle and Ranch Dip
My favorite part of this recipe is the crispy panko breadcrumb topping! It gives the dip that fried twist reminiscent of fried pickles. It’s also SO easy to make. You simply toast your panko crumbs in a skillet with a little oil or butter until they’re golden brown.
If you buy seasoned panko breadcrumbs, you’re all ready to go! If you have regular, unseasoned bread crumbs, then add a little salt and black pepper!
I divide up the panko topping and fold 1/4 of a cup into the dip itself (so good) and use the remaining 1/2 cup to sprinkle over the top of the fried pickle and ranch dip.
TIP: Don’t add the crispy breadcrumb topping until just ready to serve, you don’t want the breadcrumbs to get soggy in the refrigerator!
Make It Spicy
Love a little heat? Here are a few ways to kick this fried pickle dip up a notch.
- Add in diced jalapeños or other spicy peppers
- Add in cayenne pepper to the dip itself and the breadcrumb topping
- Use spicy pickles instead of traditional dill pickles
Serve it Hot
If you want to make a warm, baked Fried Pickle and Ranch Dip, you can pour this into an oven-safe baking dish and at 350 degrees F for about 20-30 minutes or until bubbly and hot. In this version, you don’t need to pre-toast your breadcrumbs! You could even add shredded cheese (like parmesan, cheddar, mozzarella) for a cheesy version!
EVEN MORE OF OUR
FAVORITE DIP RECIPES
Give this Fried Pickle and Ranch Dip a try the next time you need a crowd-pleasing dip for your game day, holiday party or just a quick snack!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @bestappetizers on Facebook and Instagram!
Fried Pickle and Ranch Dip
Crispy Panko Topping
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 3/4 cup Panko Breadcrumbs if unseasoned, add salt and pepper
Fried Pickle and Ranch Dip
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
- 8 ounces Dill Pickle Relish or 8 ounces chopped dill pickles
- 1 tbsp chives diced
- 2 tbsp pickle juice right from the jar!
- 1 clove garlic minced
Make the Panko Topping
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat and add in breadcrumbs. Watching carefully, toast the breadcrumbs until lightly golden brown (about 2 minutes). Remove from skillet and pour into a bowl.
Assemble Fried Pickle and Ranch Dip
- Using a food processor or mixing bowl with a hand mixer, combine sour cream, cream cheese, ranch seasoning packet, dill pickle relish, chives, pickle juice, garlic and 1/4 cup of the panko topping. Stop and scrape down sides if needed. Be sure ingredients are fully combined and dip is smooth and creamy. Refrigerate while prepping topping.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of crispy panko breadcrumb topping over the fried pickle dip and serve with your favorite potato chips, veggie slices, pretzels, etc!