Easy Fiesta Corn Dip is the perfect party dip for a crowd! This creamy, cheesy and super easy to make dip comes together in minutes with sour cream, southwestern corn, zesty tomatoes and cheese along with a secret ingredient!
Why You’ll Love Fiesta Corn Dip
THIS is the party dip if you’re in a hurry! It’s also THE party dip if you want to please a crowd. You might even want to double the recipe for this fiesta corn dip, it’s THAT good. Creamy, cheesy, zesty.. it has ALL the flavors you love packed into a simple dip.
- Easy Ingredients (easy to find at any grocery store)
- Stir and Serve (ready in minutes)
- Make in Advance
- FULL of flavor!
This fiesta corn dip recipe is the perfect party dip for year-round entertaining from the holidays like Christmas to summer parties like Cinco de Mayo! It’s a go-to hit every time I serve this one!
This easy dip is super simple to a taco dip but with a twist – RANCH flavoring! The ranch seasoning mix is the star of the show. It blends together so well with sour cream making a creamy fiesta dip that will have everyone coming back for seconds! Some recipes call for a packet of taco seasoning, but I prefer the ranch dressing packet in this recipe!
How to Make Fiesta Dip with Sour Cream
This is the EASIEST party dip to make, friends! It’s one of those simple recipes you’ll find yourself making over and over again!
The best part? It’s ready in 15 minutes!
Seriously, grab a mixing bowl (or even straight into your serving bowl) and combine the ingredients (sour cream, ranch seasoning, Rotel, corn, and cheese). Stir away and garnish with chopped green onion and extra shredded cheese.
Fiesta Dip Tips
- Be sure to DRAIN your canned corn REALLY well. This will avoid having a soupy dip, so drain well! You can also drain a bit of the liquid of the Rotel also.
- I used fancy shredded cheese so it blends better so I recommend avoiding a thick-cut shredded cheese.
- Refrigerate for an hour or two to help the flavors blend together and thicken back up the sour cream.
- Save some extra cheese to sprinkle on top for garnish with chopped green onions!
- Love spice? Make a spicy fiesta dip by using Hot Rotel and adding in chopped jalapeños! Add in a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce if you like it extra spicy!
Fiesta Dip Ingredient Tips
Sour Cream: The creaminess from the dip comes from the sour cream. It’s smooth and delicious. You can add in 4 ounces of softened cream cheese if you want a thicker dip, but just sour cream alone is my preference.
Ranch Seasoning: The secret ingredient in this Homemade Fiesta Ranch Dip is one packet of Hidden Valley Seasoning & Dressing Mix! If you have a larger jar of the seasoning, the equivalent is 2 tablespoons.
Rotel: Use any variety of Rotel you like, I use the original made with diced tomatoes and green chilies but they also have Rotel Mild, Rotel Hot and Rotel Fire Roasted!
Southwest Corn: Grab a can of any type of Mexicorn, sometimes it’s called Fiesta Corn and sometimes it’s Southwest Corn. Feel free to use fresh corn with some diced red and green peppers if you prefer.
Shredded Cheese: Any type of shredded cheese is perfect. I love cheddar but feel free to use a Mexican cheese blend, white cheddar, whatever you want! This recipe is flexible! Also feel free to add more cheese beyond 2 cups if you like.
Green Onion: Totally optional, this is just for a garnish on top, I love chopped green onions!
Can you Make Fiesta Dip in Advance?
YES! This is one of the reasons I LOVE fiesta ranch dip! You can free up your time to handle all your other hostess duties by prepping this party appetizer well in advance, up to 2 days in fact. Keep it chilled and serve when ready! Cover leftovers with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
What to Serve with Fiesta Corn Dip:
- Tortilla Chips
- Frito Corn Chips
- Pita Chips
- Bagel Chips
- Toast Points
- Bell Pepper Strips
- Carrot Sticks
- Celery Sticks
Give this fiesta dip recipe a try the next time you have a party or potluck coming up! Sometimes I call it Fiesta Ranch Dip and sometimes Fiesta Corn Dip, but whatever you call it, it’s DELICIOUS! It’s a family favorite in our house, and I know you’ll love it too!
More Party Dips You’ll LOVE!
- Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip
- The Best Smoked Tuna Dip
- Pimento Cheese Dip
- Fried Pickle and Ranch Dip Recipe
- Arkansas Cheese Dip
Fiesta Corn Dip
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning & Dressing Mix
- 10 oz can Rotel original ((diced tomatoes with green chilies) )
- 15 oz can Southwest Corn ((Mexicorn, Fiesta Corn, etc) – drained)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp green onion (optional, for garnish)
- In a mixing bowl, combine sour cream, ranch packet, Rotel, corn and shredded cheddar cheese. Stir to combine well. Garnish with extra cheese and chopped green onion.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, best to refrigerate for at least an hour to thicken up the dip. Can be served right away, however.
- Store extra fiesta corn dip in an airtight container for up to 3 days.