Easy Whipped Ricotta Dip
A super easy and delicious whipped ricotta dip seasoned with simple ingredients like honey, garlic and thyme! This is the perfect dip to serve alongside crostini or toasts for an easy ricotta appetizer.
Creamy ricotta cheese is perfect for whipping (or blending) together with a variety of seasonings and flavors to make a simple appetizer dip! This is a quick 5-minute whipped ricotta dip with honey and garlic that you’ll find yourself making again and again for every occasion.
I love the honey and garlic flavors in this whipped ricotta, but you can certainly flavor it as you wish. There’s also a touch of lemon zest which gives the ricotta a fresh, lively flavor.
Ricotta is a mild, Italian whey cheese so it is easily flavored with seasonings, etc so add more or less of any herb, seasoning, etc.
Another way to serve this recipe? My Whipped Ricotta Crostini with Honey & Apple!
I love adding a festive garnish so I sprinkled my ricotta dip with extra thyme sprigs, a few basil leaves, black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil and honey. We’ve actually enjoyed this easy dip as a dinner alongside a piece of grilled salmon or chicken lately! It’s refreshing and delicious.
FAQs about Whipped Ricotta Dip
This dip is so creamy thanks to ricotta, it’s one of my favorite dips alongside crostini! It’s super flavorful with the addition of garlic, honey and lemon. It’s truly the perfect trio of bright flavors! And you can use store-bought ricotta so it’s easy to pull together in minutes!
For even more delicious appetizer dips, check out these other favorites below!
- Easy Cold Caprese Dip (SO easy and delish)
- Buffalo Chicken Dip (without cream cheese!)
- Hot Muffuletta Dip
- Cucumber Cream Cheese Dip
Whipped Ricotta Dip
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a food processor (or blender or electric mixer), puree together ricotta with fresh thyme, parsley, lemon zest, extra virgin olive oil, honey, garlic, sea salt and black pepper for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Add additional salt or pepper to taste.
- Garnish with extra virgin olive oil, drizzled honey, and herbs.
- Serve whipped ricotta dip with crostini, sliced baguette toasts, vegetables, etc.
BestAppetizers.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that we receive a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.
I’d love to try your recipe but can’t view it since ad is over ingredients.
Hi Sue! I’m so sorry! Are you viewing the site from a mobile or desktop? If you click print or save it should open the recipe in a new page where it’s viewable while I try to figure out why the ads aren’t where they should be. Thank you!