This easy appetizer is one of those recipes you can pull together for last-minute guests and everyone will be begging for the recipe! The whipped feta has a creamy texture that’s perfect with herbs, a drizzle of hot honey and fresh lemon zest for a burst of flavor!
This make-ahead appetizer is perfect for your next party, game days or just a quick weeknight snack served up with warm pita bread and veggie slices. It’s the dreamiest dip, *SO* good, and always a BIG HIT!
This is one of those recipes I find myself making over and over! It’s so easy, can store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days, and you can use it in so many ways! Think sandwich spread, wrap spread, and more!
What You’ll Need to make Whipped Feta with Honey
- Feta Cheese: This is the star of the show here! Grab an 8 ounce block feta. I don’t like to get a pre-seasoned feta block since I’m adding my own herbs and spices, but you can certainly try different flavors. Just make sure you buy your feta in block form for this recipe.
- Cream Cheese: The cream cheese helps create that creamy dreamy texture you’re after with this whipped feta. You could swap in Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream too. If using cream cheese, make sure to set it out to soften.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Use more or less to reach the desired consistency, but I usually use about 2 tablespoons of EVOO for my whipped feta.
- Garlic: The minced garlic from the grocery store works just fine in this recipe, but you can mince your own too, of course!
- Lemon Zest: Don’t skip this part! It adds such a freshness and zesty flavor to this appetizer.
- Honey: I LOVE hot honey for a kick of spice, but if serving to non-spicy lovers, opt for regular sweet honey!
- Red Pepper Flakes: Kick the heat up another notch with red pepper flakes.
- Fresh Dill: I love fresh herbs not only for their amazing flavor but that pop of green that garnishes this whipped feta! Dill is DELICIOUS on the feta, but I also love to use chives and basil too. Use your favorite herbs!
How to Make Whipped Feta
All you need is a couple of minutes in the food processor for this dreamy whipped feta appetizer! It is truly restaurant-level delicious right at home!
Pulse your feta cheese, cream cheese, garlic and EVOO until it’s smooth and creamy! You’re looking for that perfectly dippable texture!
Plate and Garnish: Scoop our your creamy whipped feta into your serving platter or small bowl. Take the back of a spoon and spread it out evenly. Drizzle with honey, sprinkle on your fresh herbs, lemon zest, salt and black pepper and if adding, the red pepper flakes!
Serve with your favorites, here is a list to help get you started!
- Warm Pita Bread
- Cucumber Slices
- Carrot Sticks
- Toast Points
- Whole Grain Crackers
- Naan Bread
- Pita Chips (I love these for some added crunch!)
Can Whipped Feta with Honey be made ahead of time?
Why, YES, it can! That’s one of the reasons I LOVE this dish. Prep in advance and cover tightly. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can cover with plastic wrap or in an airtight container. I usually like to garnish my whipped feta right before serving, but if you have leftovers or need to take it on the go, you can go ahead and garnish. It will be just fine!
Whipped feta dip is the perfect addition to any veggie platter or served alongside a tasty Greek Salad for a meal. It’s the ultimate appetizer for any occasion, and I hope you’ll give it a try!
More Delicious Dips to Try
- Best Cold Crab Dip
- Pimento Cheese Dip
- Fiesta Corn Dip
- The Best Garlic Dip! (EASY!)
- The Best Smoked Tuna Dip
- Whipped Ricotta Crostini with Honey
Whipped Feta with Honey
- Food Processor
- 8 ounce block feta cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp honey hot honey or regular honey
- 1 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
Optional Additional Garnishes
- fresh parsley, fresh chives, fresh basil
Dippers for Serving
- warm pita bread cut into triangles, cucumber slices, carrot sticks, pita crackers, toast points
- In the bowl of a food processor, add block of feta cheese, softened cream cheese, olive oil and minced garlic.
- Pulse until the consistency is creamy and smooth.
- Pour whipped feta into a serving bowl and garnish with drizzled spicy honey or sweet honey, diced fresh herbs, fresh lemon zest, sea salt and pepper.