Redneck Caviar Recipe (with Red Wine Vinegar)
This Redneck Caviar recipe is healthy, fresh, flavorful. It’s the best appetizer to serve at potlucks, backyard parties, and year-round occasions! It’s a delicious blend of black beans, black eyed peas, tomatoes, peppers, and more! Grab this easy redneck caviar recipe with redneck vinegar dressing below…
This easy redneck caviar recipe with red wine vinegar (also known as cowboy caviar, southern caviar, hillbilly caviar and sometimes Carolina caviar) comes together in a matter of minutes and tastes so fresh and flavorful! Trust me, you’ll keep going back for seconds of this easy dip!
I consider this redneck caviar up there with spinach dip (or this caprese dip) in popularity! It’s always gone in a FLASH and the recipe makes a LOT! The textures and flavors of the beans, peppers, tomatoes, and seasonings is fresh and tasty!
Redneck Caviar Recipe Snapshot
EASE: Dump it in and mix it up.. SO Easy!
PROS: Healthy, can serve outdoors, delicious
WOULD I MAKE THIS AGAIN? YES!
Redneck Caviar with Red Wine Vinegar
What really takes this Redneck Caviar recipe over the top and what I consider to be the secret of this easy dip is the red wine vinegar dressing! It’s super simple and adds a zesty twist to the fresh ingredients! Don’t skip the red wine vinegar, ya’ll!
Another reason I love this redneck caviar with red wine vinegar is because you NEVER have to turn an oven on to make it! It’s perfect for taking to outdoor parties, potlucks, beach trips, or on a boat because you don’t have to worry about the heat like you do with most mayonnaise or sour cream based dips.
Redneck Caviar Ingredients
- Black Beans & Black-Eyed Peas: Grab these in cans and be sure to rinse and drain before dumping in!
- Corn: Use fresh or canned!
- Red Onion: Be sure onion is diced finely.
- Bell Peppers: You can use any variety (mix and match) of red, yellow, orange or green bell peppers. Chop finely.
- Roma Tomatoes: You can substitute cherry tomatoes, just be sure to pat dry and dice. In a hurry? Use a can of Rotel tomatoes, be sure to drain excess juice first.
- Cilantro: Fresh cilantro makes everything better!
- Jalapeno Peppers: Leave the jalapeno out if you are serving kids or don’t like spice. Add more if you do! Just be sure to dice finely! No one wants a huge hunk of jalapeno!
- Avocado: Totally optional but add right before serving to avoid browning.
Red Wine Vinegar Dressing Ingredients
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar: It is the secret to this zesty flavor!
- Sugar: This cuts the heat and helps bring the flavors together!
- Salt & Pepper: to taste!
- Paprika: Use sweet or smoked paprika!
- Chili Powder
- Fresh Lime Juice: I like to add an extra twist of a lime wedge over top before serving!
How to Serve Redneck Caviar?
My favorite way to serve this delicious redneck caviar is in a large bowl with lots of tortilla chips! Watch it magically disappear, it’s so good! It’s also a great recipe to serve with kettle chips, pita chips, and more.
Use leftovers as a dip or even add it to salads, omelettes, tacos, etc! There are so many tasty uses for this easy recipe!
How long does Redneck Caviar last?
Store leftover redneck caviar in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. In fact, I think it tastes even better the next day because all the flavors have time to come together and marinate a bit more. DELISH!
This simple dip recipe is full of flavor from the bell peppers, beans, black eyed peas, fresh lime juice, garlic, onion, and more! It’s a colorful and healthy dip that’s perfect for tailgates, game nights, backyard barbecues and more!
Want more Party Dips? Try out more of my faves!
I hope you love this redneck caviar as much as my family! If you make it, I’d LOVE for you to leave a rate in the recipe below! Thank you!
Redneck Caviar with Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 15 ounce can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can Black Eyed Peas drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can Corn (or about 1 1/2 cups fresh corn)
- 3/4 cup red onion diced (about 1/2 a red onion)
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 orange, yellow or green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes seeded and diced, pat dry
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely diced
- 1 avocado chopped (optional)
For the Red Wine Vinegar Dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- In a large bowl, combine black beans, black eyed peas, corn, red onion, bell peppers, cilantro, tomatoes, and jalapeno.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for red wine vinegar dressing: olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, sugar, sea salt, black pepper, paprika, chili powder and fresh lime juice.
- Pour red wine vinegar dressing over redneck caviar and stir to coat well. If using avocado, carefully stir it in.
- Garnish Options: extra chopped cilantro, green onions, chives. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
BestAppetizers.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that we receive a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.
Delicious taste from head to toe. The flavors were equal part delicious and nutritious. Grandma couldn’t put down her spoon (which is really saying something, she can barely lift it).
Nothing but good things to say about this recipe. How do you say “hell yeah” in French?
I plan on using this recipe I’m a Appetizer throw down event my company is having. We are a retirement community in Scottsdale Az…. wish me luck