This Football Veggie Tray is the perfect game day snack for tailgates, super bowl parties or football watch parties!
If you’re looking for a healthier game day appetizer, then this fresh veggie tray in a fun football shape is perfect. While I love baked or fried foods, sometimes you just want something a little lighter on the calories. Fresh veggies but make it crowd-pleasing, mission accomplished!
Tips for Making a Football Veggie Tray
Wash and Slice Veggies:
The first step is to prep your veggies. Rinse all your veggies well and pat them with a paper towel to dry. Cut down any that are larger, like broccoli florets, bell peppers, cucumbers, celery, etc. Keep them chilled until you’re ready to assemble your game day veggie tray!
Now for the fun part! Arrange your vegetables in a football shape by first layering on an oval shape of baby carrots and orange bell pepper strips. Then surround the orange oval shape with all your green veggies like broccoli, snap peas, celery, cucumber, etc. Add cherry or grape tomatoes around the shape of the football to help define the shape.
Add Football Laces:
Slice a piece of white cheese (or you can use string cheese) into long, thin strands or rectangles. Layer one long cheese strip across the middle of the oval shape or carrots and bell pepper strips. Add shorter cheese strands across to form the football laces.
You can serve this football veggie tray as is or alongside a variety of party dips, here are a few delicious suggestions…
If you’re making a larger tailgate charcuterie board, you could make a smaller version of this football veggie display and add it to one side of your cheese board. It would be a delicious addition!
More Game Day Appetizers:
Football Veggie Tray
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 orange bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes)
- 1 stalk celery ((1 bunch is a stalk), cut into small strips)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 2 cucumbers (sliced)
- 2 slices white cheese (or string cheese)
- Wash and dry all veggies. Prepare football shape by laying out baby carrots in the middle of your tray in an oval or football shape with slightly pointed ends. Add strips of orange bell pepper on top.
- Surround the football shape with all the green veggies like cucumber slices, celery strips, sugar snap peas, broccoli, etc.
- Add tomatoes around the edge of the football shape, to help define it.
- Cut up piece of white cheese into long strands or rectangles. Lay one long one down and cross it with 3-5 shorter pieces to make the football laces.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve. Enjoy!