Greek Salad Skewers
An easy appetizer for any party or occasion, these Greek Salad Skewers are layered with marinated feta cheese, Kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes and cucumber slices!
These Greek Salad Skewers only need a few easy-to-find, simple ingredients, and you’ll have them whipped up in no time! They’re a light appetizer that incorporates all the delicious flavors of a Greek salad on one party-ready appetizer stick!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
Find the full printable Greek Salad Skewers Recipe at the end of the post!
I love to serve appetizers on a stick like these Greek Salad Skewers because finger food appetizers are simple for guests to grab and look so pretty on a platter or tray! Plus, they can often be prepped in advance making party-time a bit easier!
Psst…You might also love my Cuban Sandwich Skewers… they are another skewer-style appetizer on a stick! Another crowd pleaser! They’re one of my favorite easy appetizers for any occasion.
What’s in a Greek Salad?
So a traditional Greek Salad typically consists of sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, red onion and feta cheese drizzled with a simple Greek vinaigrette dressing. I wanted to bring those Mediterranean Greek salad flavors to life, appetizer sized!
How to Make Greek Salad Skewers:
Let’s turn this favorite salad into a simple and easy skewer appetizer! You’ll end up with a mini Greek salad on a stick, perfect, right?! YES! This is also a low carb and keto-friendly appetizer too! Here’s how to make them…
Grab your skewers (a 4″ skewer works well for these) and layer on your tomatoes, cucumber slices, Kalamata olives (or your favorite black olives), and a piece of feta cheese.
Greek Salad Skewer Tips & Tricks
- I recommend using either cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes so they are perfectly bite-sized without having to cut them. If you do slice your tomatoes, pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Look for mini cucumbers (Persian cucumbers) for the perfect sized slices or quarter a large slice of an English cucumber.
- Kalamata olives are traditional in a Greek salad, but you can use any black olive you wish.
- Be sure to buy a block of feta cheese and cut it into small, 3/4″ to 1″ squares yourself with a sharp knife. Be careful as feta cheese can crumble easily so try not to handle them too much so they don’t crumble.
- Marinate the feta in your simple olive oil, lemon juice and oregano mix.
- Right before serving, sprinkle on a garnish of extra oregano and sea salt (optional – black pepper).
Serving Your Skewers:
Serve up these Greek Salad Skewers with an extra bowl of your seasoned olive oil for dipping! Garnish your skewers with a pinch of sea salt, extra dried oregano or even diced fresh parsley, fresh dill or thyme!
I love to serve small bite appetizers on a round white tray, wood board or other platter. Any type of serving dish is fine, they look so pretty on all types of dishes. These skewers are always the star of the show on a tapas platter or charcuterie board too!
Can you make Greek Salad Skewers in advance?
Yes! You can marinate your feta up to 3 days in advance, just keep it refrigerated in an airtight container. Then after you make your skewers, you can keep them chilled up to 3 hours in advance and pull them out to plate before serving!
More Party Appetizers to Try:
These Greek Salad Skewers are perfect for appetizers or alongside side dishes at a backyard party, cocktail party, potluck, BBQ or as a replacement for a traditional side salad! I think they’re the perfect appetizer for warm weather gatherings but delicious for year-round occasions too.
Greek Salad Skewers
- 24 small wooden skewers (4"-6")
- 1 block feta cheese (about 12 ounces)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 24 tomatoes cherry or grape
- 24 Kalamata olives or other black olives (pitted)
- 5-6 mini cucumbers cut into 1/2" thick slices
- Using a sharp knife, cut feta block into small cubes. Add feta cubes to a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk together extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt and oregano in a small bowl and drizzle over feta. Allow to marinate while prepping the rest of the ingredients. Marinated feta can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- On each wooden skewer, layer on a tomato, cucumber slice, black olive, another cucumber slice (if desired), and a feta square.
- Serve alongside extra olive oil and oregano. If not serving immediately, store chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 hours.
BestAppetizers.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that we receive a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.