When it comes to party snacks, simplicity often reigns supreme! This three-ingredient cream cheese sausage dip is not only easy to whip up but also packs a punch of flavor that will have everyone coming back for more!
Just 3 ingredients
You can make a few ingredient substitutions to your liking! For example, love spicy foods? Sub in the hot Rotel or spicy sausage. You can also add a few more ingredients if you like, such as shredded sharp cheddar cheese!
This dip is SO easy, it’s a recipe I find myself whipping up all.the.time. for parties and get-togethers! EVERYONE loves it.
How to make Cream Cheese Sausage Dip
This is truly the EASIEST recipe! Find the full, printable recipe at the end of the post, but here are the basics.
- Cook your ground sausage in a skillet until brown.
- Add in your undrained Rotel cans (2) to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Add your two blocks of cream cheese (cubed) and continue to cook until it’s fully melted and incorporated. Stir well.
Dip Tips for Success
- Customize the Heat: Adjust the spice level by choosing a milder or spicier version of Rotel, depending on your preference. There are several to choose from!
- Don’t Drain: Do NOT drain the Rotel for this dip. You need the liquid to help make this dip scoop-able!
- Cube your Cream Cheese: Cube up the cream cheese to help it melt faster.
- Enhance Flavor with Sausage Varieties: Experiment with different sausage varieties to add unique flavors. Italian sausage or chorizo can bring a new twist to the classic recipe. I also love the Jimmy Dean hot breakfast sausage, but my go-to is the classic regular Jimmy Dean pork sausage.
- Garnish Creatively: Sprinkle chopped tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, or a dash of shredded cheese on top!
- Keep it Warm: If serving the dip at a party, consider using a slow cooker to keep it warm and maintain its creamy consistency throughout the event.
Serve up your cream cheese sausage dip with thick-style tortilla chips or even veggie sticks like celery, carrot sticks or bell pepper strips.
Can I make this cream cheese sausage dip in a slow cooker?
You sure can use a crock pot or slow cooker, and I highly recommend it if you’re taking your dip to go to a friend’s house, tailgate or other party where you need it to be warm for a long period of time.
To adjust for a slow cooker, transfer your cooked ground sausage to a slow cooker and continue adding the Rotel and cream cheese. Cook until cream cheese has melted and then adjust to “keep warm” while serving.
Store any leftover cream cheese sausage dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More Delicious Party Dips!
I hope you give this Cream Cheese Sausage Dip a try! With only 3 ingredients needed, it’s such a delicious and easy appetizer idea! I love to have the ingredients on hand for last-minute entertaining too. We love this dip for football games, holiday parties, potlucks and more!
Cream Cheese Sausage Dip
- 1 lb breakfast sausage (mild, medium or hot (such as Jimmy Dean regular pork sausage))
- 2 (8 oz. blocks) cream cheese (cubed)
- 2 (10 oz. cans) Rotel tomatoes and green chilies (undrained )
- Start by browning the ground sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Break the sausage into crumbles as it cooks, ensuring it's evenly browned and cooked through. Drain any excess grease from the skillet.
- Open both cans of Rotel and add them to the skillet. Do not drain the Rotel.
- Add the two blocks of cream cheese to the skillet. Stir continuously until the cream cheese is fully melted and well combined with the sausage.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.