I love easy phyllo cup appetizers and this one is a sweet and savory winner! Goat cheese, crispy bacon and sweet fig jam all in a flaky phyllo cup. These goat cheese bites are always a hit.
This simple, 4-ingredient appetizer is a little bit sweet, a little bit salty and a whole lot of deliciousness in a crispy phyllo shell.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Phyllo cups can be found in your grocery store’s freezer section, often near the puff pastry, but phyllo dough is not the same as puff pastry. They are often called “Phyllo Shells” so check the box! Usually, they’re 15 to a box and this recipe makes 30, so grab 2 boxes.
HOSTESS TIP: Grab a few extra boxes of phyllo cups because they’re helpful to have on hand for easy appetizers (like my Sausage Phyllo Cups).
These goat cheese bites are super simple to make, which is another reason I love them! You can prep them for a party without too many complicated steps. The ingredients are layered on and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes. Read on for recipe tips and notes…
Goat Cheese Bites – Recipe Tips & Notes
I love Chevre (goat cheese) and think it’s perfectly paired with the sweet fig jam and salty bacon, but you can swap it out for brie, feta or even a white cheddar.
One note, when you bake the goat cheese in the phyllo cups, it won’t melt down into the cups and look “gooey or oozy” but when you remove them from the oven, you can use the back of a spoon to press down and make room for the toppings, it’ll be soft.
Look for fig jam (if it’s not near other preserves/jams) near the cheese and produce section. It’s the perfect touch of sweetness, but you could swap in raspberry preserves, cherry preserves, or even an orange marmalade.
How could you not love an appetizer topped with crispy bacon crumbles? Right? Delish! Prosciutto (crispy and crumbled) would be a delicious alternative, however.
I love to add a little garnish to all my appetizers, especially phyllo cups! I just used some parsley in my microplane grinder (LOVE this tool) to add a pop of green color on top.
Good luck just eating one or two of these little goat cheese bites. You’ll be going back for more!
More Party Bites & Snacks:
- Baked Muffuletta Dip
- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- Cold Caprese Dip with Tomatoes, Mozzarella & Basil
- Easy Sausage Phyllo Cups
- Cream Cheese and Pepper Jelly Phyllo Cups
- Cuban Sandwich Skewers
Goat Cheese Bites with Bacon and Fig Jam
- 30 phyllo cups frozen
- 4 oz Goat Cheese (Chevre)
- 1/4 cup fig jam
- 1/4 cup crumbled bacon cooked
- 2 tablespoons parsley diced (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Set out phyllo cups on baking sheet.
- Fill each phyllo cup with a teaspoon-sized amount of goat cheese.
- Bake phyllo cups for 10 minutes, or until goat cheese is warm.
- Top each phyllo cup with a teaspoon of fig jam and a sprinkling of crumbled, crispy bacon.
- Optional: Garnish with diced parsley.
- Serve warm (also delicious room temperature).